Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Heading home...........

Hi There............ I just wanted to give you an up date on us................. Just to let you all know that we made it home safe and sound! After we were dropped off at the airport, Phoebe and I were guided to a bulkhead seat on the Plane. I got Phoebe all settled down in front of my feet, under the seat in front of me. I kept reassuring her it was okay to be there. Soon we were on the runway, taking off. we were heading for the sky. The next thing I knew, Phoebe was clawing at the floor...since she was so light, she was sliding on the floor!! I helped her to get back to where she was, and settle down, soon the plane leveled out.. It was smoothe sailing after that. Poor thing! we made it to Minneapolis a little behind schedule. So Phoebe and I were hurried off to the next plane heading to Portland Oregon.The first thing we did, was shown to our seat.This time, It wound up being in the center of the plane right next to the window. Immediately I was having trouble trying to get Phoebe under that seat. It wasn't long before my seatmate showed up to be seated. Right about then, the stewardess noticed we were having some issues. It was not long before Phoebe and I were moved to a bulkhead seat. We were located right behind the first class section. On this particular plane, the door was found behind me. The plane was still being loaded. It was not long when there were this group of about 50 grade school children about 9 0r 10 years old, loaded on the plane.They were accompanied by several adults. Apparently they were from Paris France and did not speak English very well. I did not think anything of it. They were cute, well behaved kids.It was not long after we took off that they fell asleep..We did not hardly hear a peep out of them.On this particular flight Phoebe and I were ready. I had my foot placed at her bottom to help with the sliding. just in case..only, this plane did not have such a sharp heading. Phoebe was a bit more nervous as she was shaking quit a bit throughout the trip. I think she remembered sliding on that previous flight, she was waiting for it to start again. I kept talking to her, trying to help her feel more secure with my voice and petting her. Eventually she quit shaking and went to sleep. After almost 4 hours we finally landed in Portland Oregon. It was about 7 p.m.We began to unload. First, the first class, then, bit later, it was our turn to get off. I got my pack on and Phoebe all ready to go up the ramp. Phoebe was not all that excited about walking up that ramp with loud luggages, baby strollers and wheel chairs being wheeled up those metal tunnels. Lots of vibrations and strange noises.We were doing fine. It was not long before we were at the top, ready to head towards the security area.All of a sudden we came around a corner....there they were..............there were a million kids and parents teachers screaming holding up welcome posters and signs to welcome those 50 kids that were on the plane, now standing,.................... right behind me! You would have been so proud of Phoebe. I know I was. Here we were walking in to a wall of people, soon, some started to part away to allow us through, Phoebe held her head up high..I was encouraging her to go on, along the way.. she was listening to me....not those screaming voices, but heard mine.She would have done great on a dragon boat listening for the caller, but any way, I am getting off track here.The point of it is...she was so good!!I felt good! Normally I hate these moments..Hate it ....... hate it........ hate it!! But this time I was not alone..It was like I had someone holding my hand.. I did... it was Phoebe's. What a feeling! It was another glimps of what my life could be like,, if I allowed it.It was pretty cool!!
Now that we are home... I have found it to be rewarding to write on my Blog.
I am going to make an honest effort to keep it up.
Bon/Mom

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big day , glad you both came thru with 'flying colors',rest up you earned it.Love Mom

Davinie Fiero said...

I'm so glad the trip home went well! Welcome home!

Sabrina said...

Welcome back! And YAY for Miss Phoebe doing her job amongst all the screeming!!

Julia said...

I don't even know you but I feel SO proud of you!! What a fantastic "ending" to your training. Phoebe is an absolute treasure!! Congratulations :)

Dianne J Rodway said...

Glad you are home! Paddlers are looking forward to seeing you and meeting Phoebe soon!

Rachael said...

That was such a sweet post, what a good dog you have to help you, I have tears in my eyes : )

Greg said...

Hey little sister,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventures. You and your wonderful girls are so good at doing blogs amd keping them up.

Please continue if you have time.

We are all so proud of you.

Love,

Greg, and Nila in Guam

Davinie Fiero said...

Did you.... walk home? This blog is gathering dust!

Sabrina said...

MOM! Get on here and update this blog!!!

Julia said...

I still check in regularly, looking for an update.....*hint hint* :)